NEW DELHI: After knowing that the alleged woman shooter in California had undertaken a journey to India in 2013, the Government of India has requested both the United States and the Saudi Arabia to share the travel details of Tashfeen Malik, a Pakistani woman suspect in the California mass shooting.
Sources said that the Indian officials have gone through all the immigration details of the passengers from Saudi Arabia, soon after the Saudi Arabia’s spokesman for interior ministry Mr Maj Gen Mansour Turki said in an interview to the New York Times that the suspected woman has traveled to India in 2013, from Saudi.
However, the Indian officials have reported that no passenger with the name Malik has entered the Indian Sub-continent during the period said by the spokesman for Saudi’s interior ministry.
The New York Times quoted Turki as saying that the suspected California shooter had arrived to the Saudi Kingdom on June 8, 2013 and later on, departed to India on October 6, 2013. National Security officials of India suspects that the Woman may have entered India with a fake name.
As of now the Central Government of India is in touch with the investigating authorities of both the United States and the Saudi Arabia, requesting the two countries to share the details of the suspected woman’s travel to India.
The New York Times reported that as many as fourteen people were killed and another fourteen were injured in the mass shooting, which took place in Southern California last week. Terror organization ISIS has claimed the responsibility of the mass shooting in California.