NEW DELHI: Delivering his speech from the Red Fort in New Delhi, on the eve of the Independence Day of India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made several key announcements about the reforms that his government is aiming at.
In his 85-minutes speech Prime Minister Narendra Modi went on to say that his Government has accepted the Principle of OROP-One Rank One Pension and that the talks over the same are in the last stage. Here are the key announcements made by PM Narendra Modi on the eve of the 69th Independence Day of India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi assured that 18,500 villages which have no power, will be provided with electricity in the next 1000 days.
- 44 Labor laws will be simplified into 4 codes to help people to understand the provision provided for them.
- Of the 721 people injured, 25 are in critical condition and 33 are serious.
- Ministry of Agriculture will soon be renamed as the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare. The move aims sending the message to the farmers that the Central Government is determined towards the development of the farmers, along with the digitization fo India.
- “Start-Up India” initiative to encourage the young entrepreneurs in India.
- One-Rank, One-Pension accepted “in-principle”. Modalities being worked out with stakeholders.
- 17 crore bank accounts opened through the Central scheme of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, which promotes financial inclusion.
- The Direct Transfer of LPG subsidy to the individual’s bank account resulted in the savings of Rs.15,000 crores.
- PM Modi said that the promise of constructing toilets in all the schools, has been almost fulfilled with the co-operation of the states.
- The investigation of corruption cases by the Central Bureau of Investigation, has gone from 800 during the term of UPA to 1800 now.
- PM Modi said that each of 1.25 lakh bank branches must encourage at least one dalit or adivasi entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur.
- Construction of a house and providing of basic facilities to every family by 2022.