Police in Belgian have arrested six suspects as investigations into the deadly Brussels attacks that have led to the death of 31 people on Tuesday go on.
The people were arrested in the district of Schaerbeek. So far, no information concerning their links to the attacks or their identities has been provided.
Elsewhere, a suspect has been arrested near Paris and is said to have been in the process of plotting an attack.
The Brussels attacks have been connected to the Paris attacks that happened in November last year.
In both the two attacks, the so-called Islamic State has claimed they are responsible.
After the Schaerbeek arrests were made on Thursday evening, a house-to-house followed.
An anti-terror attack was also launched the same Thursday evening in Argenteuil by the French police after a man suspected to be planning an attack was arrested.
Bernard Cazeneuve, the Interior Minister, said that the French origin suspected militant had advanced in his plot and added that the Brussels and Paris attacks have not been connected to this incident.
Militants detonated bombs and opened fire in several places in the French capital and in the process killed 130 people.
Belgium admitted on early Thursday that it had made “errors” when it came to one of the Brussels attackers.
Turkey said that Brahim el-Bakraoui, one of the attackers, was arrested by its officials and deported to Belgium and warned them that he was a “foreign fighter” but they “ignored.”
Reports yet to be confirmed say that one of the airport attackers was the man on hunt, Najim Laachraoui, and that his DNA was found on the explosives that were associated with the Paris attacks.
The authorities are yet to identify the third suspect and he is currently at large.
The brother to Bakroui, Khalid, attacked Maelbeek metro station killing 20 people in the process.
The director of the EU’s police agency, Europol, has told the BBC the network of jihadists in Europe is “more extensive than perhaps we first feared”.