Bernie Sanders emerged victorious over Hillary Clinton during the Saturday US elections that took place in the three states.
Hawaii and Alaska are some of the states that Mr. Sanders won but his biggest victory was in Washington and that played a big role in boosting his campaign.
He bagged in more than 70% of all votes cast in the 3 states.
Mr. Sanders thanked his supporters and said his “campaign has the momentum”, but he still faces a tough task to overhaul Mrs. Clinton.
The Associated Press count indicated that after the caucuses that happened on Saturday, Clinton is now on leadership with 1, 243 delegates against Sander’s 975.
Bigger battles ahead
Washington was the biggest prize of all the three states that voted. It had 101 delegates that were to be grabbed into any of the two camps. Alaska had 16 delegates while Hawaii offered 25.
Mrs. Clinton lost 27% to 73% in the Washington vote as per the reports from AP.
In Alaska, Sanders won a massive 82% compared to Clinton’s 18%. He further bagged home 70% of the votes in Hawaii, leaving Clinton with 30%.
In total, the number of delegates that Mr. Sanders won is 55, while Clinton got 20 of them. There will be allocation of more Washington delegates next week.
He celebrated via Twitter where he posted: “Thank you, Alaska! Together we are sending a message that this government belongs to all of us… Washington, thank you for your huge support! It is hard for anybody to deny that our campaign has the momentum.”