Every position of fantasy football is vital. The points that your defensive team scores will bring about a greater difference between winning and sitting down lonely as you listen to Lil Wayne’s A Milli while complaining over what might have happened. It is thus important to keep tabs on the daily fantasy football defense ranking so as to be updated on the progress, reports Sports Blog.
Where to find them
The player who selects a Defense team that scores 20+ points is in most cases subjected to the accusation that he is lucky. But is that really true? Most of the people who participate in Daily Fantasy Football often under-analyze the Defense Teams. Most of them are not aware of the kind of defensive scoring system that their favorite sites make use. They just base their selection on the matchup views.
But most Daily Fantasy Sites produce defense team scoring by combining sacks, points allowed, special teams’ touchdowns, safeties, fumble recoveries and interceptions. It is vital that you be aware of how these categories operate and the effect on your defensive scoring before you can pick a lineup.
NFL Defense Stats is one the best sites you can reference to do your projections for the week. Using it is straight forward and has numerous sorting options you can make use of. In the past one week, the ranking is as follows:
The top five for Total Defense are Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs and Carolina Panthers.
The top five defense league leaders in Passing are Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs.
Top five defense ranking in the Rushing category are Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, Cincinnati Bengals and New York Giants.
You can visit NFL official site to get the complete ranking list.
In case a website utilizes Special Teams scoring, you can still use NFL Kick Return TDs to do the sorting. The current standing is as follows:
- Oakland Raiders
- Seattle Seahawks
- Arizona Cardinals
- New England Patriots
- New York Jets
- Atlanta Falcons
- Baltimore Ravens
- Buffalo Bills
- Denver Broncos
- Detroit Lions
- Indianapolis Colts
- Minnesota Vikings
- Pittsburg Steelers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tennessee Titans
- Washington Redskins
In case you find it hard to decide on matchups, the best alternative would be to revisit a team’s past statistics on the categories given below.
Best Defense Athletes
Every NFL team can at least spot a bright star for the defense. The following are the best defense athletes.
- Arizona Cardinals: Tyrann Mathieu
- Atlanta Falcons: Desmond Trufant
- Baltimore Ravens: Brandon Williams
- Buffalo Bills: Ronald Darby
- Carolina Panthers: Luke Kuechly
- Chicago Bears: Pernell McPhee
- Cincinnati Bengals: Geno Atkins
- Cleveland Browns: Karlos Dansby
- Dallas Cowboys: Sean Lee
- Denver Broncos: Von Miller
- Detroit Lions: Darius Slay
- Green Bay Packers: Mike Daniels
- Houston Texans: J.J. Watt
- Indianapolis Colts: Jerrell Freeman
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Telvin Smith
- Kansas City Chiefs: Derrick Johnson
- Miami Dolphins: Olivier Vernon
- Minnesota Vikings: Harrison Smith
- New York Giants: Robert Ayers
- New York Jets: Muhammad Wilkerson
- New England Patriots: Jabaal Sheard
- New Orleans Saints: Cameron Jordan
- Oakland Raiders: Khalil Mack
- Philadelphia Eagles: Malcolm Jenkins
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Cameron Heyward
- San Diego Chargers: Jason Verrett
- San Francisco 49ers: Ian Williams
- Seattle Seahawks: Richard Sherman
- Louis Rams: Aaron Donald
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy
- Tennessee Titans: Jurrell Casey
- Washington Redskins: Bashaud Breeland