After a long stand off between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) since 2014, the positive signs of revival cricketing relations between the two boards have emerged out on Thursday with WICB president David Cameron announcing the possibility of completing the 2014-abandoned tour of India.
Speaking to the media, WICB President Cameron said “We are working over it. The discussion in this regard is moving on a positive pace and if everything goes well, Caribbean will host India in 2016.”
The statement from David Cameron comes after a successful meeting with Shashank Monohar, president of the BCCI. “Cricket has been our center of discussion in the meeting and we are happy on the outcome of the meeting”, Cameron said.
He added that the planned series against India is in compliance with the West Indies Cricket Board and the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) agreement, which mandates to complete the prematurely concluded tour of India in October 2014.
Earlier in 2014, the West Indies players have boycotted the remaining of the series against India in protest to a contract dispute with the WICB. They had been scheduled to play a further ODI, three tests and One T20, before abandoning the tour. It also followed a legal warning from the BCCI, which threatened to pursue a claim of $45 million in compensation to the abandoned tour.